Wednesday 2 January 2013

This Man by Jodi Ellen Malpas

Like lots of you out there i have decided to set myself a new years resolution. Not one that is going to test my patience, or make me stressed, its not even going to deprive me of anything! My new years resolution was to read, read, read, then read some more. By setting up this blog it means i HAVE to stick to that resolution and share my thoughts and opinions from the books i read.

I've always enjoyed reading but after having my 2 beautiful babies i just forgot all about my love for books and let my life revolve around them and the hubby. That was until earlier this year when that phase "50 shades" starting popping up all over my face book home screen, "you must read this book" "OMG I'm in love with Christian Gray" "I need to find me my own Christian Gray" (and that is just some of the status' i remember reading. So i bit the bullet and low and behold my love for reading came back in a flash.

I'm not going to lie when i finished the final book of 50 shades i wondered what on earth i was going to do without the controlling Mr Gray there every night to keep me company, until i couldn't keep my eyes open any longer and drifted off into a dream world filled with a domineering so and so who had a thing about whips and handcuffs. That was until i found a book called "This man" by Jodie Ellen Malpas.



Jodie chose to self publish this book and i am so glad she did. I was hooked from the very start, the characters dragged me in, and i started to fall for Jesse the same way i fell for a certain Mr Gray ( I know i didn't think it could be possible either!)

The book is centred around a young interior designer (Ava) and a multi millionaire (Jesse) who hires her to redesign the rooms contained in the extension which has just been built onto what is known as the "mansion" Ava gets involved with Jesse only to discover a hidden secret and the "real" meaning behind the manor and its uses. This book made me feel many different emotions from laughing out loud to screaming "DON'T DO IT!"

"Oh i love this track lets dance!" she screeches pulling me towards the dance floor.
"Kate there's no one on the dance floor!" i complain. There's almost no one in the bar either.
"who cares?" she argues, stumbling towards the music, taking me with her. "We'll go after this.....Oh!" she clatters to the ground, dragging me with her on a yelp "Sorry!" she laughs.
We both lay sprawled on our backs across the floor, giggling and looking up at the dim lights of the bar. I would be embarrassed..... if i wasn't so tipsy. What must we look like? Neither one of us makes any rushed attempt to scramble to our feet.
"Do you think the bouncers will come and help us" i splutter over my laughter.
Kate wipes a tear from her eye "I don't know shall we yell?" she reaches over for my arm to support her body up to a sitting position. "Oh Shit!" she curses and her tone alters considerably, from mischievous to serious.

That is just a snippet of one part of the book which had me laughing out loud for ages. It reminded me of times i had experienced with many of my friends on a night out, running around on a dance floor thinking we were Pamella Anderson whenever the Baywatch song came on (god knows what we must have looked like! I am just glad no one ever filmed us, because my life would no longer be worth living), but after laughing out loud i suddenly got a completely different feeling once i realised why Ava's best friend Kate had started cursing.

Anyone who enjoyed reading 50 shades and like me fell hook, line, and sinker for Mr Gray i totally recommend this book. The sequel is due out on January 19th 2013. My advice is not to read this book too fast unless u have the second book to hand, as once i reached the end of this book and hit the unexpected turn i was heart broken and i STILL have no idea what is going to happen next and i have to wait 2 more weeks to find out!

"You and Me" He says "Let's not fight it anymore" and on a sharp swift of his hips he thrusts upwards, filling me to the absolute hilt, slamming his hand back onto the wall beside my head with a roar.
"GOD!" i scream.
"No, baby that's me" he strains between powerful thrusts, pushing me further up the tiled wall. "Feels good doesn't it?"
I claw at him trying to get some grip, but the pounding water at his back is making it impossible to hold him.
"Ava?"
"Yes!" i throw my head back, panting and crazy with pleasure, as with each hard strike he pushes me further towards absolute ecstasy. I feel his lips close around my exposed throat, the water making them skim and slide all over my flaming skin.

"This man" is available to download to kindle/kindle app via amazon. It is well worth the £1.93 and will not disappoint.

No comments:

Post a Comment